[Dailydrool] Baths and nails

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:50:36 PST 2010

We managed to bathe and nail clip three hounds this weekend.  There is nothing that I would rather do than wash three large squirming bunches of hair and teeth in the bathtub while they are trying to escape.  We have glass doors so escape is not really an option but they still try anyway.  Maggie was really trying to get out and the sprayer didn't reach her all the way so I'm not sure if I left any soap on her or not.  She was quite miffed at me for violating her person by getting it wet.  I seem to be forgiven today.  We didn't do Shelby since Nic is the only one who knows how to pick her up without getting screeches out of her.  She is going to be done tonight if I can get the teenage slave to move fast enough.

Nic clipped or held the girls while clipping.  He really does have the right touch.  Marley snored through the whole thing and no one had to hold her.  She was in the dad's chair.  Nic held Maggie while I clipped her.  She was not as relaxed as Marley but she let me clip all nails without much fuss.  There was only a little pulling.  She did talk though which is cute.  Nic clipped Ninja today while she was resting and she sort of leaned on me while he snipped.  They really are amazing girls in that way.  Shelby is another thing altogether.  She almost has a heart attack every time I try so we will have to see how it goes.   She isn't crazy about a bath either.  Lots of treats will be coming her way.

We are sending drool to all in need. Especially the Lady whose terrier went to the bridge.  We are sending hear healing drool.

Ninja, Marley, Marley, Shelby and the wild kitty boys with the mom slave