[Dailydrool] Charlie

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 18:06:20 PST 2010

First I want to say how happy I am to hear that Bo came through his surgery
 with flying colors.  Will keep having the guys send drool until he is
100%.

Well, my Charlie did it again.  As many of you know, I am not able to  walk
much, so dog walking has been left to wife and No. 1 son.  Today, they
went to get me a birthday present, and shop for food.  They let both dogs  out
before they left so all would be fine in their absence. Well, after about an
 hour, Charlie wanders into the kitchen where I was chopping cherries for
cookies  and sits down and looks at me.  After a short while he starts in
with his  plaintive whining, adding it to the "look".  He wants to go for a
walk.  For the nest 45 minutes, he just sits there, looking at me, with  very
sad eyes, whining and shaking a bit.  Well, a person can resist  that only
so long.  I get my coat on and get my cane, put on my coat and  his leash and
we go for a walk.  Now, Charlie has a bad back, but  he  walks faster than
I can.  It was quite a sight, an old man hobbling down  the street, with a
nearly 14 year old crippled basset pulling him.  All I  could do is 300 feet,
but that was enough.  He got back into the house,  crawled onto the couch
and went to sleep with a very satisfied look on his  face.  Me, I was so glad
to sit down again.  Score one more for  Charlie.

DDropp