[Dailydrool] Potential Ear Problems

Ruth Beattie ruthie4042 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 19:52:52 PST 2010

Well, Ms. Beasley started to shake her head and scratch her right ear
Thursday night.  Along with that she was licking her nebberminds and when
she stood up, there was blood on the floor where her butt was.  I
immediately went in panic mode as she was shaking, rather listless and
pulling away from me when I would try to check her.  I called her vet and
she told me to give her a tramadol, watch her when she goes outside and that
she would be over to see Ms. Beasley in the AM.   I gave her the pain meds
and she fell asleep (on my pillow, of course).  The next day Doc got here
and started the exam, she told me that Beasley has the start of an ear
infection in the right ear...OH GREAT...not this...not the GOOD ear!  Also,
she has infected anal glands.  So she's on Cipro, Tramadol and an ear
cleaner.  Doc's going to check her in two weeks.  I told doc that Beasley's
been scratching more lately and her skin on her belly looks pinkish.  Vet
asked what food I feed her and I said Beneful-Healthy Radiance and then the
vet said, "Oh that food has a high fat content." I didn't know that, Ms
Beasley weighs 53.5lbs and that is not fat for her frame.  Has anyone else
heard of this high fat content in Beneful?   The doc suggested I give her a
food with no grains or corn, well finding a good dog food on a limited
budget is hard.  If you can spare any "Go Away Ear Infection" drool for my
Ms. Beasley, we certainly will appreciate it.

Snooters,
Ruthie Beattie &
Ms. Beasley Ann BABES Royal Caregiver