[Dailydrool] MRI

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:48:55 PDT 2010

Around here the MRI's human or canine run about $1500 to $2000 which is why
my Vet is stalllllllllling. He does not think this particular area could
support one at those prices, and he may be right. What I see happening is
that as things evolve, so many more treatments will depend on the results of
an MRI that he may end up having to get one to keep ahead. Anyway they
probably cost more in Chicago proper, and more northwest than they do down
here in the boonies.
MomPerson

PS. At the specialty Vetspital where we took Zelda (to which I would NEVER
EVER RETURN) they quoted me $2000 for her MRI (note-- top end of the cost
spectrum here) and around $10,000 for the skull surgery. I don't know what
the U of Wisconsin charges for their surgery for the same thing with an even
better outcome (which I did not even know about until after Zelda was gone)
but I will bet you dollars to donuts it isn't $10,000. Specialty Vetspitals
are almost always more expensive than the Universities.