[Dailydrool] Artemisinin

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 11:36:10 PDT 2010

I had heard someone tell me that the reason their dog lived longer was because of Artemisin (Quinghaosu).  I was interested in more information on it.  It is a herbal supplement that is available over the counter and has been used in Eastern medicine for sometime.  There have been cases of humans having hepatitis after a week long treatment for parasitism.  This is/was originally a anti-malaria drug used mostly together with other malaria medications.
The dose for animals seems to vary with the prescriber as there is no studies proving what dose if any are effective.  Also there may be interactions if on other nutricuticals (herbal supplements etc).
Might want to consider using this under the guidance of a holistic/integrated medicine vet.
Very interesting and I'm glad someone reminded me to look this up :)
Laura
Flash
and Ryu