[Dailydrool] FOOOOOOOORE!!!!

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 21:14:43 PDT 2010

I sent this in to the DD last wee and have not seen it come out yet.  Is there a problem with it?

Tri-State's first ever "Fore the Bassets" Golf Tournament fundraiser!!

Sunday, August 1st, Sand Springs Country Club, Drums, PA

The date is rapidly approaching so it's time to get your registrations in
and to sponsor a hole!  Help the homeless hounds!!

There will be a shotgun start at 9:00am
(See our website for a complete schedule http://www.tristatebassets.org/events.html#golf)
The tournament will be a 4 Player Scramble - Captain & Crew (best ball)
We can accommodate a maximum number of 144 golfers
The cost will be $75/person, $300 per foursome
The $75 will get
 you:
 - Greens fee for 18 holes
 - Golf cart
 - Continental Breakfast
 - Lunch
 - A fabulous after-tournament Italian Buffet with Raffle, Awards and Prizes!

In addition to the golfer registration, we also have a special $25
registration for those who would like to attend but not play golf.  They
can come and enjoy the day or help with many volunteer opportunities
during the day and attend the dinner/award banquet after the golf is done.
 They will also get breakfast and lunch!  Check out the registration form
on our website for details.

There will be prizes for "Closest-to-the-Pin"
There will be prizes for "Longest Drive"
There will be digital team photos!
There will be many other prizes!
There will be a giant raffle at the dinner!
There will be a pre-tournament putting contest with the course's golf pro.
There will be a 50-50 drawing
There will
 be a "Pot-of-Green" 50-50 on the 181 yard par 3.
There will be hole sponsorships - sponsor a hole and help the hounds!!
(Hole Sponsorship Form is available on our website)

If you can't make the drive that morning there are several great hotel
options locally and a couple even allow pets (in case you have to bring
along the houndies).  See the tournament flyer for details.

Call your friends and relatives to form your foursomes!  Are you a single
and want some help in forming a foursome?  Are you and a buddy looking for
another pair to form the winning team?  Let us know!  Try it, I bet we can
get you matched up and ready to play!

Get your registrations to the tournament director, Mandy Shema, as soon as possible!  It's going to be a
great day of golf, great friends, great food, a fabulous raffle, and a
whole lot of fun that will benefit the homeless hounds - don't miss
 it!!

Hole Sponsorships!

Did you know that anyone can sponsor a hole? It's not just for businesses.
All of the money raised in hole sponsorships goes directly to
helping the very needy homeless Bassets of Tri-State. And boy do
they need it. We've been getting in heartworm positive dogs,
poor Bassets with glaucoma, very old Bassets (13 years +) and
many in extremely poor condition. The economy has taken its toll
on the health of Bassets belonging to families hit the hardest
and the Bassets are coming to us for help and we need your help
to make sure their needs are taken care of immediately. When you
sponsor a hole you're helping these little guys.

When an individual or family sponsors a hole you can send in a
photo of your Basset(s) or a photo of you and your Basset(s) to
Mandy (our tournament director) and she will make sure that your
photo and name will prominently appear on it's own sign on
 the
tee box of a hole. Use the Hole Sponsorship form and get it to Mandy as soon as possible! The form contains a
list of what you get for each level of sponsorship ($50, $25,
etc..).

Let's all pull together and make Tri-State's first ever golf tournament a
success and make sure we have the ability to keep helping these
desperate hounds. Register to play in the tournament today!  Sponsor a
hole! Have your vet sponsor a hole! Have your local pet food store sponsor
a hole! Have you relatives sponsor a hole! Have that crabby neighbor down
the
street who loves your Basset sponsor a hole! Help us help the
hounds! July 25th is the deadline for hole sponsorships.

Please help the hounds!!

Ellie and Her Hounds Artie, Ballzie, Milly and of course GM Thelma Lu