[Dailydrool] Keeping basset ears up

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 11:41:35 PDT 2010

I am wondering if a childs/toddlers baseball cap would work?
You could add a drawstring or velco straps to to keep the hat on
then just flap the ears over on the inside of the cap.  Walmart carries
Velcro and the toddler sized caps for cheap.

Of course you might also be able to use a tongue depressor on each
side of the ear along with some vet wrap to hold in place.   This would
be somewhat like when vets do ear flap surgery to make them stand
up. (shudder...Grrrrrr)  If you try this method maybe some of the techs
and vets could help you with the details.

I have misgivings about the snood working only because the air flow
would be blocked by the snood unless of course it was made out of
a net material.(?)   If you sew it would be pretty simple to make by
just making a tube and putting elastic in both ends.  I would
think it would have to be pretty snug as those basset ears are
long and a bit heavy.

We are sending Healing Ear Drool to your Sweet Baby,
Karen and The Dog House Gang