[Dailydrool] Sad News

Cathy Rice cathy.rice1 at att.net
Thu Jul 1 11:23:40 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Cathy Rice
To: dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:24 PM
Subject: Sad News

Many of you may know Eva DeVaughn who has been director of OBR for over 14 years. Sadly her beloved basset Nugget has passed on. Please read Eva's letter below and if you could send some drool Eva's way and light a candle for the Pwincess it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Cathy
Momslave to Nate, Dozer, Grace, foster Sunny and wannabe Leah

It is with a heavy heart that i wanted to let every body know that "The Princess" is gone. Princess Nugget went to The Bridge last night. The vet came to the house. Nugget would have been 15 yrs young in 2 weeks. I have never had a dog this long, i always kept the sick ones. Nugget was the only one in her litter to survive. They were gong to euthanize her because she could not walk. I did hip exercises with her for 6 months.
The Princess helped start OBR. There was a puppy in Ohio that needed to be rescued and grandma Joe from MBR posted on the Drool that Ohio couldn't even save a puppy. Nugget and i went and got the puupy known as Eyvan. He only lived 2 1/2 yrs. He was veery sick from the beginning but we did the best we could with him. He dided from kidney failure. That started OBR.
Nugget held 2 Queen titles. She was the Queen at the MBR Waddle with King Dudley. That was in the day when you were nominated to be Queen and King for your charitable work. You did not pay to become the Queen or King. King Dudley's dad is Dave Weatherbee. A couple years later she was Queen at the OBR Waddle. We called her the Princess because she was so beautiful and was such a good dog. She never gave me any trouble. She use to go to work with me when i owned the jewelry store and that is how she got her name. My Golden Nugget, she was my good luck charm.
She had a wonderful life. She went to several Basset Nationals, several MBR Waddles, OBR Waddles. She loved to go boating and camping and swimming. We use to have Nugget swim parties at my house to raise money for OBR. We would have 15 20 dogs spend the night. The whole basement would be blow up mattresses for the dogs. LOL
She went very peacefully and very quick. She had on her pearl necklace from Aunt Bonnie Bosstelman. She told Donetta the pet physic that it was her favotite thing to wear around her neck. She had her own closet of clothes. Almost all pink of course. She had more dresses then I did. She was defintely "A Princess".
Eva