[Dailydrool] Toads

Doug and Stephanie Irish sirish at nexband.com
Thu Jul 1 17:15:42 PDT 2010

The toads are a bit of a sore subject around our house. Every night and some
mornings LowLa - Mighty Princess Warrior goes in search of frogs. When she
corners one she sends out 2 short barks and a longer ARoooo so the the boys
will come and see. After the initial shout out she proceeds to bark non stop
until something gives. That something is usually me going outside and
scooping the frog up and throwing him over the fence. Sometimes Mojo will
steal her frog when she is not looking, carry it out into the yard, spit him
out, and go back and watch her bark...she of course has no idea that this
has happened so she continues her barking. This frog obsession has made
things complicated around our house at night because the doggie door must be
shut to keep her in and one of the boys thinks he can't make it through the
night without peeing soooo...we have messes in the morning. This frog
business goes on anywhere from 8:30 until 11:00 and can start back up as
early as 5:00 am so you know how thrilled my neighbors must be....not only
about the barking but about me running around in my pajamas at 5 am swearing
about the frogs. SHHHeeeesshhhh. I love my puppies!!
Stephanie Irish and the Chickamauga Hounds