[Dailydrool] Nelly Belle is not a PW but trying to be a DIVA

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 00:28:25 PDT 2010

All through the winter Nelly Belle my senior gal woofed at me, looked at the
stove then would woof at me again to build that fire up.  On the intermittent
nice days when I was a bad slave and refused the duty I had to cover her up.

I thought I would get a reprieve for the hot months but Nelly Belle has figured
out where the AC control is.  Now she looks up at woofs at it because the house
is too hot.  Sunbathing for 5 min. must take a lot out of her because she comes,
stands in the hallway and woofs at the control which is my signal to cool the house
even more.   She loves having the laying beneath the ceiling and floor fan.  That is
Nelly Belle's perch.  I am sure PGE are going to love us this year...

Izzy stayed in her wrap all almost all day.  i took it off for  dinner and she was a skittish
girl.  The wrap seems to be her security blanket and she loves having in put back on.
Now that it is back on her she is chilling out again and ready to hit the hay.

Don't forget to get in your jerky orders from Miss Holly Noelle who will be king!  This is
going to be the best yet, all natural, organic meats.   We will be starting up the Dehydrator
sometime next week I hope ??? If the order comes in.  I have been instructed in the assistance
to help miss Holly Noelle become king.  Nelly Belle is off course the official taste taster so the
jerky will have to pass her rigorous chewing.  She prefers dry but with a bit a chewy left and I
am directed to make it that way.  I am just hoping she will be able to keep those Diva paws off
the passed products.  She has demanded in that sweet southern hound voice that I need to put
in an inspected by Nelly Belle.

Welcome Thelma Lou!  You are going to soak up that love that will soon be yours.  Margaret and the DH
are going to be wonderful slaves.  Just think you are so privileged to have a home built just for a basset
gal.

We are sending drool to all in need.  I am so happy that Johnny and Trooper have pulled through but
the drool will continue until they no longer need it.  More Healing Drool on its way for Senior Lola.
Drool on its way for Rolph's tummy.  Rolph you have to quit eating that NFBD (not for bassets
digestion) stuff.  You make your Momma worry .There was a lot of drooling when I brought in
125 lb of meat tonight.  Copious amounts of Heart Comforting Drool to the families of  Nugget,
Piper, and Trixie.  I know there are no words I could say to take away the pain you are feeling but
please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.  Letting go is never easy even when we know
it is the greatest act of love we can give them.  I know that all the babies were wrapped in the light
of love as they journeyed on to the Rainbow Bridge.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Volunteer/Foster for Golden Gate Basset Rescue
http://www.ggbassetrescue.org/