[Dailydrool] Trooper update

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 21:33:57 PDT 2010

Trooper in continuing to improve. We are now dealing with the itching of healing wounds and trying to keep him from scratching them. The vet said to put a dressing on it for a couple of days (changing it every day). bit that didn't work out. He tried so hard to get it off that he irritated the wounds. I have thought about an e-collar but since he has wounds on his neck, I don't know how that would work out. Does anyone have any ideas? We are faithfully putting the eye drops in his remaining eye (it has an ulcer) to preserve his sight. HIs back right leg had a small puncture wound (from the shotgun pellets most likely) and now it is swelling up. I am not real concerned about infection, since he is on antibiotics, but we are taking him with us to the vet tomorrow to be checked when we take our two jenny donkeys.
Trooper is such a precious, sweet loving dog. He is right by my side everywhere I go. He sleeps with me at night and naps with me during the day.

Here are this "After" pictures:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/bweddlern/Trooper/Trooper4.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/bweddlern/Trooper/Trooper3.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/bweddlern/Trooper/Trooper2.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/bweddlern/Trooper/Trooper1.jpg

Brenda, Bob and the Thundering Herd of Dog Woods Farm