[Dailydrool] Abbie's first slave training report

Jaclyn Chancey jaclyn.chancey at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 06:17:27 PDT 2010

Abbie Chancey-Hooper here, with my first slave training report.

I have lived with my current slaves for almost 2 1/2 years. The she-slave is
no stranger to the demands of basset hounds, although she says that I am the
most demanding she's known. I do thank the previous rulers of this house
(Missy, almost-queen Jake, and Hannah, all ATB) for beginning the
slave-training process, even if they did leave me quite a bit of work to do.

Progress so far:

- Conversion of the he-slave from being dog-ambivalent to complete hound
slave. He has enthusiastically accompanied the she-slave to multiple basset
rescue fundraisers. He also sings me songs, which I regally pretend not to
notice.

- Training the slaves to boost me into the bed and lift me out when I give
paw. When their backs starting bothering them, too, the he-slave built me my
very own bench so that I could have bed access whenever I wanted. Sometimes
I woof to the she-slave to let me out in the morning, then steal her place
in the bed when she gets up to open the door. It's good to keep them on
their toes.

- Training the he-slave to get me a carrot top when I stand near the fridge.

- Convincing the she-slave to increase her hound fundraising efforts. So
far, she has collected donations for my alma mater (Alabama Basset and
Bloodhound Rescue) at her own birthday party, held a raffle for Woofstock,
and made beads for Boardwaddle. She'll have more beads for next Woofstock,
plus something sparkly, or so I hear.

- Dragging the she-slave to the front of the Boardwaddle group so I could
get more pets and stolen food from the sideline. The photographer for the
Atlantic City newspaper was obviously very impressed with my bassetude.

- I have my own court jester, Josh. Here is his latest antic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQWRMOmgS4

Areas still needing improvement:

- The slaves refuse to get rid of the cats or let me eat them.

- For some reason, they also won't let me eat all of Josh's food. Even
worse, they make me sit still before they'll give me my food. This is a
problem.

- The she-slave has not yet repaired my antique Feyfey pearl collar and
lead, passed down from previous rulers of the household.

I am confident these problems will be alleviated with time. I'm only 8,
after all.

Signing out from Connecticut-
Abbie
(as dictated to she-slave Jaclyn)