[Dailydrool] Fireworks and dog baths

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 19:30:49 PDT 2010

We were reminded on our neighborhood listserv today to skip bathing
our dogs tomorrow (the Fourth of July). Freshly bathed dogs are
usually collar-less dogs, and collar-less dogs have a much harder
time getting back home again after they've bolted because the
fireworks scared them.

I feel so fortunate to have hounds who aren't scared of fireworks.
Young Charlie was out taking care of things in the backyard one last
time before bedtime tonight just as a firecracker went off in the
alley. He looked up but didn't lose his cool, just got back to
business after he identified the noise's location. But even so, I
won't be bathing either hound tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.
Anyway, I cleaned out their ears this morning and that's torture
enough for a while.

Elizabeth