[Dailydrool] Buying a Puppy

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 17:42:23 PDT 2010

2.      Are the sire and dam on the premises or available to see?

I would change this one to be Is the dam available to see and if the sire is not on the premises, can you contact the owner of the sire.  Many good breedings are now made with fresh, chilled and frozen sperm being shipped around the world.  It is fairly normal now for the sire not to be available from a very responsible breeder.  In many cases, it points to more responsibility than if the male is onsite.

I would also add the question of What is the health and status of the grandparents?  If they are not alive, when did they pass and what did they pass of?

Best*

Sara