[Dailydrool] Drool please?

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 13:16:35 PDT 2010

Conley could use a little drool. Not a lot. Yesterday he got up with his
right eye horribly red and inflamed. The only eye meds I had have a steroid
in them, and the worst thing you can do to an eye short of poking it with a
stick, is to dump steroids in it without checking first to see if the cornea
is scratched.
Naturally this happens on the 4th when there isn't a Vet within miles who is
at the office. I rinsed it out and thought maybe it looked a little better.
This morning the eye was totally blue and hazy, the way blind eyes are
sometimes. I had planned to take him in anyway. Doc says he has a corneal
infection, and put him on antibiotics and the steroidal drops. I thought his
eye looked a bit better but I just peered at it and man it gives me the
willies.
He is supposed to go back Wednesday. If it still looks icky tomorrow I will
call and see what kind of progress Doc was expecting, or if it is time for
the Vet eye Dr. (There is one not far.)
So, just a bit o' drool, if you please. We don't need to use a lot. I hope.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley (and Cooper).