[Dailydrool] Long dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:37:44 PDT 2010

Nigel is the biggest Basset we have. Llewis the smallest. Conley is the
longest. Right?
1. Nigel is 20 inches from withers to tail base.
2. Llewis is 20 inches from withers to tail base.
3. Conley is 20 inches from withers to tail base.

I was amazed. The discrepancy is because Nigel has the most bone density,
and Llewis and Conley much less.
Llewis is kind of bent to one side so he appears shorter than he is.
Conley is lighter boned and appears to be longer than he is.

Like so much else that Bassets do, even their size is deceptive.

So anyway, in my opinion which counts for nothing, your Basset girl is not
excessively long, but just about average. There is something else that is
making her look longer than she is, or you too, were fooled into thinking
Bassets are smaller than they really are.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.