[Dailydrool] baby gates

shadedog at roadrunner.com shadedog at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 6 09:17:15 PDT 2010

I'm one of those lurkers but I have some good experience with gates and one that has worked for us.  Background...Milo used to jump so hard that he actually was able to claw his way over the wooden gates and now Tracker(who is 6) breaks down the temporary plastic pressure gate(both bulldozer style and pulling down). So, we put in a "dutch door" or as some call it a half door. It's actually a wood door that we cut down and refinished to match the walls. it's about 3 ft high with heavy duty hinges (we installed a wood strip vertically along the wall to support the hinges) and a latch on the other side. It's solid so they can't look through and it can take quite a bit of abuse. None of the boys have made it through and although we no longer need it the door is hardly noticeable since it matches the walls but it's great if you need to occasionally partition the house or keep rug rats contained. If anyone is interested in what we have email me off line and I can take a photo for you.

Sue, Milo, Tracker & The Shadedog(atb)