[Dailydrool] Pacific Basset Feet

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 14:52:38 PDT 2010

I'm not really sure how this thread started, I missed the initial
post. But our Elsinore and young Charlie would like to be signed up
for the fleet.

Every branch of the military has a band and chorus. Since Elsinore
and Charlie are wonderful singers, they'd like to be part of the Army
chorus. They've chosen Army out of a sense of family loyalty because
that's the branch Ken and his father, uncles, grandfather, etc. were in.

Elsinore sings with great feeling and concentration, and she's got
pretty darned good timing and dynamics for a hound. She really does
seem to be feeling the music, sometimes singing full out, sometimes
humming softly, and sometimes sitting out a bar or two before
starting up again. She prefers classical music, and she's very happy
being a soloist.

Charlie, on the other hand, is our happy little yodeler who wanders
all around the melody. He assures me that what he's doing is called a
descant. I think he's not really paying attention to what the
accompanist is playing. We've agreed to disagree on this. He sings
only when Elsinore does, never on his own, so his place really is in
a chorus. Although, he's been working on his hornpipe jig lately.....

Elizabeth