[Dailydrool] SW Mcihigans Sky Kennel

Linda Ross rossbunch5 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 7 17:20:53 PDT 2010

I have been reading Drools for over 8 nyears now, but have never posted
anything.  This caught my eyes that I had to respond to.  Someone has asked
about this Breeder.  WELL, We purchased a Basset Puppy from them and so did
friends of ours.  I was very wery as to if they were just a clean and nice
mill.  The owners are a bit different.  The kennels are clean.  They seem to
take good care and love for the puppies.  Would I go back...NO!!!  There is
something that I am still very wery about.  When we looked at our Lola, we were
told that the breeder was gonna keep her, she was the last female and lemon and
white,  this is what we were looking for.  My husband found the breeder as he
was driving in the area.  Stoped and looked.  Came home told me about the
puppies and asked if I wanted to go and see on Saturday (THAT WAS A DUMB
QUESTION!!!).  So we went on Saturday with the 19 and 20 year old kids.  THIS IS
WHT I DID NOT LIKE.   When we got there it was raining out.  The 12 week old
puppies were living outside.  They had a Igloo house to stay dry.   The Basset
puppies were with Blue Tick pups.   The female would not come out of the house,
so the breeded pulled her out.  She did not like the rain.  I snatched her in my
arms and held her tight.  Told my husband she was perfect, and it was up to him
what he wanted to do.  At the same time My daughter and Disable son is
giving their Dad their sad eyes.  The breeder told us that he was gonna keep her
but he liked us so much that he would sell to to us.  so we went in the house
and did all the paper work.  He gave her the next puppy shots and we were given
papers for AKC and UKC  send in.  We were also told to visit the vet within 3
days and if there are any problems we can return her.  We went to the vet, our
little Lola had a hernia and overbit.  Our vet wanted to do surgery on her.  We
called  the breeded when we got home he asked if we wanted to return her, we
told him we are in love with her and no.  He asked if we would bring her to his
Vet.  So we did and he also wanted to see her.  His vet looked at her, told us
to wait till she was 6 months old and if it was still there he would do the
surgery and the breeder would pay for it. Lola never had the surgery, it went
away.  BUT, her overbit never did.  We call her our "HILLBILLY GIRL".  I don't
feel the breeder was honest with us.  I just have that strange feeling.  Our
friends who also got a Basset from the Breeder had some issues with their
puppy.   So, after this long story.  I would not go back and get another puppy
from them.  I would find another breeder.  As for Lola Mae...She is my husbands
dog.  And can do no wrong, in my husbands eyes.  In my eyes she is our little
monster!!!  I don't think she got the memo that Bassets should be laid back and
mellow.  Her brother and sister who are rescues get tired of her at least 4
times a day and try to get away from her. BUT,  We love her with all her
defects.

Linda
Mom slave to Ellie Ann 8, Buddy 5 (both rescues)and Lola Mae 2