[Dailydrool] Medal of Honor

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Jul 8 10:00:33 PDT 2010

A few drools back there was a request for a hound to be giving the Medal of Honor. I just wanted to clarify military medals.  Please don't take this the wrong way, I am in no way trying to be a b**ch about this, because I know that our  Pacific Basset Feet is all in fun.  But being Air Force and working in AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command) this is a little to near and dear to my heart not to clarify.  Medals of Honor are the highest award given and are given for those soldiers that do something extrodinary in battle to save their team/aircrew etc.  Like jumping on a hand gernade to save those around them, or rush a machine gun nest becasue their team is pinned down...basically they sacrifice their lives to save others. So for  Pacific Basset Feet a Medal of Honor would could be given to a hound or other dog that say fought off and then either died from or almost died from a rattle snake bite to protect his human or his doggie teammates, or took a bullet for their human like say a military or police working dog.   Now a Bronze or Silver Star with Valor would in my opinion be more appropriate for the houndie that took out all the gophers.  Bronze or Silver Stars with Valor or given to those soldiers that did extrodinary things in battle but did not give the ultamate sacrifice to save his team members.  Just my 2 cents, and ultimatly it is Bo of Hawaii,  Commander-in-chief of the Pacific Basset Feet's decision.

Virtual Hugs and Drool to all
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers and now Secretary to the ASTT Director.
Colt:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134867
Ruger: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134878