[Dailydrool] back issues

RGeyer5165 at aol.com RGeyer5165 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 20:44:48 PDT 2010

a number of years ago,, while on an extended vacation, Happy, atb, went
down in the back, was obviously in pain and couldn't stand up even with
help...being in an unknown environment with no one to ask for help, we really
lucked out and chose a vet from the yellow pages...he and his staff were
wonderful!...they treated Happy with prednisone, antinflamatories and water
exercises...Happy stayed at the vets for three weeks with these treatments, and we
were allowed unlimited visiting...after three weeks we were allowed to bring
him home for the afternoon but back to the vets at night for further water
exercises....after 6 weeks he was weaned from the pred and was 90%
recovered...he lived another 8 years, till 14, with limited restrictions and no
further back issues...Rene'e