[Dailydrool] Basset "Feet"

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:27:55 PDT 2010

Dear Commander Bo,

This is Geoffrey, Molly, and Henry reporting for duty if you'll have us.
We'll need to be in the Eastern Divison of the Pacific Feet because we live
just a few blocks from the Navy Yard in Washington DC.  We would like to
volunteer as follows:

Geoffrey:  Geoffrey would like to be considered as a SEABEE Engineering Aid,
both in honor of our Mom's Uncle Joe who died in December and was a SEABEE
and because I am an engineer extraordinaire.  Before we moved and became
city dogs I had a fantastic hole in my backyard under the deck.  I would
spend hours just staring at it from every angle, then I would go in and lie
down on the couch and think.  And then the next time I went out I would dig
more -- add more chambers and more entrances.  Right before we moved Mom
filled in in, and wouldn't you know that the day the movers came and I was
locked in the backyard I went out and dug it out again!

Molly:  Molly would like to be a Hospital Corpsman specializing in puppies.
I am the surrogate mom of the dog park -- all of the puppies come up to me
and kiss me and I comfort them.

Henry:  Henry would like to be a Lookout -- he is constantly on guard and
BARKS, BARKS, BARKS at everything, whether it is a threat or not.  Bark
first and ask questions later is Henry's motto.

Please let us know if we are accepted for duty!  We especially want to help
WMBRI help all of the hounds that they take care of!