[Dailydrool] Canine Cancer

Nancy Merk bassetwoofr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 09:51:13 PDT 2010

I have posted a couple of times about the canine cancer research going at the VanAndel Research Institue and have emailed privately with some folks about it.
Just want you to know that sadly, my Josie, a foster failure from 7 yrs ago, is taking part in the study. She had an emergency spleenectomy last Tues and has hemangiosarcoma.
Samples of her tumor and blood have been sent in.  Hopefully this will help advance the knowledge that is needed to cure this awful cancer.
She is home and recovering from the surgery. Don't know how long I will have her with me, but she is being spoiled rotten for the rest of her time here on earth.

for more information, please go to

http://www.vai.org/Research/Labs/CancerAndDevelopmentalCellBiology/chcc.aspx

Nancy,mom to the BBC gang