[Dailydrool] Pw. Charlie

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 18:52:22 PDT 2010

Charlie has been keeping up his training.  With my hip replacement, we
have put a bed in the living room so I do not have to climb stairs and so
Charlie does not have to go up and down 15 stairs every day.  As he is in  renal
failure, we are going to keep the bed down for his sake.  When he  gets up
at 3 or 4 in the morning, my dear wife, and no me, are there for him to
take him out to relieve himself.  I even take him for a short walk then in  my
jamies, as that is what he really wants.  He has us trained to take him  out
several times when he wants it, and keep water available for him at night
when he gets thirsty.  Even though the wife is retired and I go in to work
late, we both get up at five to walk and feed him.  He sets the tone for
the day, while Ben is more willing to go with the flow.  As he loves to  sniff
on his walks, I gladly take 30 minutes to go around the with him so he can
smell what he wants and as long as he wants.  He can spend 5 minutes
smelling a spot on the sidewalk or a leaf.  At almost 14, I know he will  not be
around long, and want to make sure he has as much fun as he can in his  own
way.

Douglas and the Pw. Charlie