[Dailydrool] It's almost secret pawtner time

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Tue Jul 13 06:39:02 PDT 2010

The dog days of summer are fast approaching and you know
what that means - secret pawtner time!  Sign-ups will begin
Sunday, August 1 and end Saturday, August 7. Deadline for
mailing packages within the U.S. will be August 27 - out of
country packages should be mailed sooner.  We again will
have the separate secret pawtner digest for posting clues,
guesses and thank yous.

Briefly, secret pawtner is an exchange for the slaves, which
means the gift(s) are for the slaves but treats MUST be
included for the hounds.  The cost of gifts for the slave should
not exceed $35 but we also will have a "mini" secret pawtner
with a gift budget of $20.

This is a great time to support our rescue organizations so do
shop their stores - they will usually be happy to mail your gifts
directly to your pawtner, a big help if you are pressed for time
or are going to be out of town.  And if you are going to be out
of town, please plan ahead for sending & receiving packages.

Homemade items are always welcome and cherished; don't
forget the treats for the hounds.

If you are new to the Drool or have never participated before,
this is a fun diversion for the end of summer.  Think of it as a
basset themed secret Santa where your pawtner may live
in your state, across the country or even in another country
(out of country pawtners are assigned to those who volunteer
to have one because of add'l mailing expense and time). Many
Droolers have become good friends because of meeting through
the secret  pawtner exchange.

If you have questions about secret pawtner, you may email
me off list at dlindy at mac.com  - it may take me a day or two to
get back to you.

Just 2 1/2 weeks until we start signing up!

Donna, drool fueler for Elmo, Gracie and Pw Bosley and
missing Pw MIss Pauline like crazy