[Dailydrool] Not eating

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 11:46:42 PDT 2010

<<Shadow went on a hunger strike. She's the least food motivated
basset that I have ever seen. Even when we're home you would think that
we're asking her to eat a snake in her bowl instead of her kibble. We
have started adding sharp cheese to her food along with the vanilla
yogurt just to get her to eat on a regular basis.>>

When you are gone, this may actually be a form of separation anxiety.
Whenever we leave for a few days, our Belvedere goes on a hunger strike.
After three or four days, he settles down and eats properly.

When I dog-sat the pit-bull mix next door, he refused to eat the whole time
his human was gone. He is extremely attached to his human, and nothing I
could do would make him eat. As soon as Dad got back, the dog was fine.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets