[Dailydrool] Ankles and food

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:03:59 PDT 2010

We are sending bone healing drool to Karen for the ankle.  Been there, done that and now sport a plate and 6 screws to hold it all together.  I really feel for you and hope all goes well.

We have the eaters and noneaters here.  Marley will eat anywhere, any time.  She is not picky.  She will eat hers and everyone else's food if she can get it.  Ninja is a good eater too.  She is also the alarm basset.  She wakes up and licks the DH or stands on his chest every morning at 5 AM so he won't forget it is time to eat.  Maggie is our biggest girl.  She is just big boned and BIG.  She is also the pickiest eater.  Many times she walks away from her bowl.  We don't know why.  We have to watch or someone else who does not need it will get it.  Shelbs is a good eater but has her off days too.  Now, she knows when it is time for the bowl and will get in the general vicinity so we put it under her nose and guide her to a safe place to eat.  We give her treats the same way.  We touch her nose with the treat and then put it near her lips.  Otherwise she has trouble finding it.  Shelby will also be part of the clean up crew at times.

It is about 98 outside this afternoon and is really humid. Where are the bassets????  Outside, of course.  I have to keep bugging them to come in.  Why do they want to sleep in the sun when it is so miserable?  Shelby is the exception.  I don't think she likes being out of her comfort zone now that she can't see.

We hope Elder Clara is doing better and are sending her some hot, sticky get better soon drool.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the mom