[Dailydrool] Eating habits.

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:22:48 PDT 2010

We are having eating problems here.  Kibble is apparently undesirable to the majority.  I have switched over to Healthwise Lamb for now after trying Nature's Choice (kibble in the food pans and loose stool), before that we were using Flint River Ranch but kibble was being left in the pans even after I began cutting it down.    Now Buttercup gets a can of Iams OW and a little kibble, her pan is always emptied.  Roxanne is good at emptying hers,  but Honey can leave quite a bit of kibble and Beau does as well.  I have tried adding a small amount of canned Proplan, they prefer the small Select cans, and depending on what is available and how stools are doing, yogurt, green beans or pumpkin.  Still  kibble is left in Honey and Beau's pans.  I have to watch the pans as Buttercup will clean up after anyone to slow or willingly leaving kibble.  They never leave the little bit of chicken or beef or cheese I add for interest.  To think , in my pre-basset days we juct dumped regular old Proplan in a big bowl  whenever it emptied!  The bassts coats are very nice and shiney, no one is skinny, though Beau comes close, (the vet said his weight was perfect) I just hate throwing away all that kibble but I don't want to get anyone sick reserving it.   Buttercup will steal anyone's food and needs to be fed outside when we are fostering as it is closest to her regular eating place.  Otherwise she will cause a fuss and attack the newbie for daring to eat food in HER HOUSE.   Buttercup has made it clear her dislike of crates, no way Jose!  Even as a cute, adorable , buppy she made that clear, not one to hide her feelings.  So for her, the deck works out jsut fine, eating ala fresca is ok with her. Sue L MomPerson to Butttercu, Chief Pretty Officer, Beau, who hasn't dicided, His sidekick Honey, Roxanne, still hoarding all those toys and treats downstairs , the put-upon Kitties GW, Jordy and LOKI and the mirror addicted cockateil, Mickey