[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is at home

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 15 07:28:15 PDT 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela and I (her humble employee) are now at home
after our summer break.  Miss Angela has been staying with
her Uncle Chris for a couple of weeks while I spent some time
in Scotland.  Miss Angela wails that she was terribly and contin-
uously mistreated.  By that, she means that she did not have
the attention to which she believes she is entitled.  She did not
have first choice of place to nap.  She didn't get treats on demand.
She had to go tramping in a wooded area every day for an hour
or so where her beautiful and silky coat was exposed to the
ravages of ticks and brambles.  Ella the bipolar dalmation was
less than respectful to her, keeping her in a reduced and
submissive posture most of the time.  She didn't even get the
lap time she has become used to in the evenings.  In short,
she was brutalized.

Now things are returning to thier natural order.  She has her
choice of napping spots.  She gets lap time.  No one bothers
her food dish so she is under no pressure to bolt her food.
Life is good (or, she implies, as it should be for one of her
dignity and talent).  Our daily walks will resume as soon as
Bill recovers from his trip.  Two weeks of 55 degrees and
rain left him with a cold.  It makes him hesitant to go out into
the 95+ and muggy Kansas summer until he is re-acclimated.
His research (the main purpose of the trip) was a great
success and he was able to sample, evaluate and record
36 types of single malt whisky.  That too took its toll on him.
Detox is adding to the misery of the cold.  All this will pass
soon and our exercise and public appearance schedule
will resume shortly.

The heat makes Miss Angela drool heavily, so watch out,
Elder Clara.  A bucketful of especially viscous and foamy
drool is headed your way.

Bill (Now I must return to writing up my research results)
Angela (And I must make up for lost time and lost weight)