[Dailydrool] Tick bites

Lynn Hagge lmhagge at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 10:00:06 PDT 2010

Hi everyone....

It's been a long time since my last post but I've been lurking.  The four furkids went to the groomer yesterday, and of all dogs, Rocket had a tick attached to his right shoulder.  Rocket is my sissy boy who doesn't even like walking in the grass unless it's absolutely necessary, and spends very little time outside.  The groomer removed the tick and the spot looks very clean although there is a small lump where the tick was attached.  Is there anything else I need to do?  I called the vetman, and they said to continue the Advantix as usual, no appointment necessary.  When we lived in MD, and all four had deer ticks (I think) attached, the vet put them on a 30 day course of antibiotics.  I just want to make sure he doesn't get sick.

Healing drool to those in need....

Peace, love and ahrooos,
Lynn, Rocket, Goldie, Ralphie & Mooch