[Dailydrool] Cadbury - Updated Update

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 13:52:24 PDT 2010

It has been decided that Cadbury will undergo surgery Wednesday afternoon to remove the bladder stones.  If the stones are found to be cystine, we will then add the additional drug (Thiola) to his food regimen.  There has always been the possibility that the stones could cause a blockage before the medication had a chance to dissolve them.  There is also the possibility that the stones are NOT cystine . . . especially since the diet he has had to be on (plus the potassium citrate that was added at each meal), changes the urinary pH  which can cause other types of stones to form.  Analysis of the stones will dictate how we proceed.

Please say a prayer that the surgery goes well and our "little" guy does not suffer too much pain and recovers quickly.  Prayers for all the humans who love him are also sought & greatly appreciated.

Karen

PS  Cadbury will be celebrating his 3rd birthday on Sunday!