[Dailydrool] Bassett Hounds that lick

Christine Stewart Stewart1527 at msn.com
Sun Jul 18 04:58:15 PDT 2010

My hound started doing something the other night, she stopped in the morning but it was a sleepless night for us.  She licked everything in site.  She never kisses us, so when she licked my leg, I was shocked, she licked the rug, she licked the floor and was nibbling on grass and whats more unusual she was nipping at flowers and weeds, That was also a first.  She then spent most of the night hacking as if she were cat bringing up a fur ball.  We have had our sweetheart for about 4 years and she is currently 9 or 10 years old. We are in PA, so we have had some hot weather, she loves ice water and drinks plenty of water and loves milk.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Thank you for any advice or personal experiences.

Christine Stewart
West Grove PA