[Dailydrool] Yummy peechers - justbeware

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Mon Jul 19 09:46:39 PDT 2010

Dear peach eaters,

I read Daisy's post about eating peaches and spitting out the pit.  Last summer our beloved Jack (ATB) got ahold of a peach pit and it obstructed his intestine.  Long story made short, he did not improve post-surgery due to tissue necrosis beyond the obstruction, and he died.  While not all fruit pits have sharp edges, this one did, probably causing it to get stuck.  I realize Daisy was just as sneaky as Jack used to be in getting the peach.  But be sure you get the pit, and if you don't, keep an eye on your pet.  Also, we did not even know Jack had eaten the pit - we just surmised when we received it from the emergency vet that he pulled it out of trash or compost - both of which are off limits, but you know how ingenious a basset is with food.

Susan, Momslave to Charlie, Lucy and not-a-basset-wannabe Otie.

Susan Murray-Grage
Underhill, Vermont