[Dailydrool] It feels good to be back!!!

Jessica Sutton jsutton0210 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:05:06 PDT 2010

I have been a drooler since 2007, but I haven't been on since I left my last
job 4 months ago and I miss it so much!!!  Since I've last written, we've
added another member to the pack. She came to us as a foster the day after
Christmas last year from Basset Buddies in Houston.  She had less than a day
left on doggie death row when they scooped her up, full of heartworms, skin
and bones, and looking as though she had just given birth to a litter not
too long ago, but still, she had that sweet basset charm despite what she
had been through.  We drove to Houston to pick her up and she sang to us the
whole way home...Aaaarrrooooooooo!!!

After two successive heart worm treatments, spay surgery and helping her to
put on about 25lbs, she was just about ready to go to her new mommy.  The
rescue had selected two applicants and I helped to select the one I thought
would be best for her.  I processed it in my mind, over and over, telling
myself of all the good I was doing, how I was helping this sweet animal find
a furrever home, the whole thing.  We were supposed to leave the day after
Mother's Day to bring her to her new home.  My husband came out on to the
back patio to find me with Molly cradled in my arms wailing!!!  My kids had
all expressed to me in the days leading up to her leaving that they all
thought it was a horrible idea that she leave, and a couple of them weren't
even speaking to me.  It was a tough one...our family was in love!

Finally, my husband, who adamantly protested that we will NOT have 2
bassets...much less 3, looks at me and says "Happy Mother's Day...Molly's
not going anywhere"  I totally foster failed.  Miserably.  And I am proving
the cliche'...she's our THIRD basset!  I swore there would never be a
third!!!  ha ha ha ha ha  Yeah RIGHT!!!

So welcome to my sweet little Molly.  You complete our pack!  What's going
to be tough, though is getting THREE to pose for a holiday card photo!
Jeez...I thought TWO was hard!

Jessica
Mom Slave to Diva, Sophie and Molly