[Dailydrool] Torn ACL

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Fri Jul 23 07:05:18 PDT 2010

As far as I know, torn ACL's don't heal because they're torn, not just sprained or aggravated, so immobilizing wouldn't help them heal.  Our Sarah (ATB) had what they thought was a torn ACL, and since she was about Gus' age, we didn't have it x-rayed because we knew we weren't going to put her through the surgery and recovery. She was on Previcox (a cousin to Rimadyl) for her final 3 years, and she did just fine pain and mobility-wise. We did limit her trips up and down stairs so she wouldn't make things any worse.

Nancy, owned by Frank da Tank and Tina the Sock-stealer