[Dailydrool] It was a new one for me

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Mon Jul 26 20:18:09 PDT 2010

Something new - at least for me.
I thought I had bought a box of saltine crackers but when I got home
from the market - the box was not to be found. My husband and I unpacked
all the bags, but no crackers.  I thought the person who was bagging the
groceries might not have seen box at checkout and it was left at the
store.  Silly me.
I leave for about an hour today.  I come back to find the box of saltine
crackers was indeed in the house the whole time and has re-appeared,
but is now no longer in any recognizable form.  Ditto for the contents.
My four basset boys somehow hijacked the box when it first came into the
house and safely hid the booty until today.  Once I left, they were free
to examine said box at their leisure.  Do they eat the crackers?
Surprisingly - no.  Do they rip open and fling all 4 individual packages
of crackers all over the room with repeated vigorous shakings of the
head?  Sure.  Do they stop at that?  Of course not.  They have to basset
stomp each and every one of those crackers into fine crumbs and into the
rug.  But that is not enough.  Oh no.  They roll around on the carpet
and kick those 16 little fat feet up in the air and flap those 8 long
ears around in sheer joy and complete abandon. I'm assuming they then
all do a flat basset to make sure the tummy gets some too.  I come home
to find 4 bassets completely coated with a fine layer of cracker crumb
breading. But I am a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due.
They did a beautiful job of evenly coating themselves and didn't need an
egg wash.  But then again, drool is an excellent adhesive.
Nancy