[Dailydrool] And they score . . .

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Tue Jul 27 03:49:59 PDT 2010

I had to work late last night. My daughter called at 7pm to say she was off to see a friend. My other daughter is currently in Washington DC. I got home at about 9.45pm.
I had called daughter before leaving work and got no reply and as the house was dark, I guessed she was still with her friend. So, of course, Rolph and Clara were over the moon I was home. I took them into the kitchen to feed them, thinking the poor things must be starving - they normally get fed at 7.30pm.

I was very miffed to find daughter had left a gas ring on. I was further miffed to walk into the lounge and find the french windows wide open. I tried phoning daughter again to tell her what I thought of leaving the house insecure and the cooker on. No answer.

I then went upstairs and found the bathroom door had been left open and there was TP all over the landing (thanks Clara). As I let rip with a few choice words, the bedroom door opened and there was daughter, who had been listening to her music and hadn't heard me come in. She was much affronted at my anger - especially as she had fed the dogs for me.

Yep, that's right. The poor starved dogs had already had dinner. Better than that, she had given them extra 'as a treat'.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK