[Dailydrool] Dogs in Heat

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 06:05:30 PDT 2010

Many years ago in the early stages of dog ownership, I had two females
at the same time, neither of whom were spayed (I was officially
nuts).  We lived next to an intact beagle who was an outdoor dog and
not tied or fenced in.  Well, it finally happened.  Both females went
into heat at the same time.  My basset Beauty was a senior, and Maggie
Mae was a young, hot, Springer Spaniel.  Our yard wasn't fenced in at
the time.  Every time I let Maggie out, he was around, waiting for me
to let down my guard, so he could pounce.  If I put Beauty out, he
just walked away.  Never paid her any attention.  She was downright
crushed that she was no longer considered sexy.

The next month Maggie was in the vet's getting spayed.  I didn't
bother getting Beauty fixed at her age - Snoopy didn't care.

Linda and Lucy, the Queen, and Barney, the foster.  (We're too old for
that stuff - where's the food?)