[Dailydrool] Robbers

Ellen Cole ellen at yourtravelmasters.com
Tue Jul 27 12:37:57 PDT 2010

We've had two incidents recently which make us feel that our current basset
security system is all we need. When we're not home, our three stay in
"their houses" (aka crates) in the mudroom. It's a room between the kitchen
and walkway from the garage. It's heated in winter and air conditioned in
summer.

My husband used to be a volunteer firefighter in our town. A couple weeks
ago, he saw one of the men from the fire department at the local coffee
shop. Tom said, "I was at your house last week for a call.Dispatch gave us
an incorrect address!". Jim asked for the story and Tom continued."Yeah, I
heard the address and thought I'd better check it out. I knocked on your
side door and rang the bell and it didn't seem that anyone was home. I tried
the handle and the door was unlocked.so I stuck my head in and yelled
"Hello?". I heard this very deep growling coming from behind the door! I
quickly closed the door and decided it best to have Dispatch verify the
address before I went any further!

Last week, we had an inspection of our house because we've had a purchase
offer. The buyers, their realtor, and the inspector were all over the house
while the dogs were locked up in their "houses". When the inspection was
complete, my nephew (who lives with us) called me to let me know they were
all set and had left. While on the phone.he opened the door to go into the
house. APPARENTLY, Gracie Lou thought the strangers were back and I heard a
horrific, savage, barking from the other end of the phone. Chris nearly went
through the ceiling! He yelled, "HEY, it's ME!" and all was well again.

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou FlatBasset ("STRANGER DANGER!!!!") &
Oliver & Abigail (ATB)