[Dailydrool] Vick's, hmmmm and female in heat

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:42:03 PDT 2010

Just wondering if putting Vick's on the hind parts would mask the
"fragrant" anal glands.  Mollie the Bloodhound alerts when the boys need
their servicing and will continue to let us all know until it is taken
care of.  Sometimes I don't feel like doing it right that second.  I
realize it is like playing Russian Roulette but that's the chance I am
willing to take.  Much to our dismay, Mollie will NOT give up until the
deed is done. I don't know if I feel bad for Otter and Radar because
they can't empty their glands or because Mollie has her nose stuck to
the "offensive rear end which, by the way, nobody else can detect a
problem.   A little Vapor Rub might just do the trick!!
Our first Basset, Phoebe, went into heat shortly after we adopted her
from the shelter.  We were still in college living in an apartment with
two other dogs and two cats doing the best we could by everyone with
very little funds.  Needless to say we had NO idea what to do and
couldn't afford to have her spayed yet, we were saving our money.  Our
other females had already been spayed when they were adopted so we
really were clueless.  Having no idea they had those cute panties for
dogs, we bought her toddlers diapers.  We cut a hole for her tail to go
through with a piece of jute string and tied the diaper to her collar!
It still makes me laugh thinking back.  You should have seen the looks
on peoples faces in our apartment building.  Of course we have no
pictures of this, when you are 19 you just don't think of such things I
guess.  We finally got the money together and had her spay done.  I
loved that dog and am still grateful for having her in our lives and
introducing us to such wonderful dogs some 19 years ago.
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Mollie the Bloodhound