[Dailydrool] Male Basset in High Kill Shelter

Cathy Rice cathy.rice1 at att.net
Tue Jul 27 17:03:02 PDT 2010

Permission to cross post please.

Cathy Rice

Subject: Male Basset - Ohio Kill Shelter - URGENT

Hi Everyone,

As I'm certain many of you have heard Ohio Basset can not take anymore dogs right now. Our vet costs are out of this world with no funds to pay them. We've recently taken in 31 dogs with many of them still waiting on a foster home. With that being said, sadly there is a male basset in a HIGH KILL shelter in the Scioto, Ohio. When this shelter pops up with a basset we do all we can to get them out of there as quickly as possible. Unfortunately our hands are tied right now and he's been there for more than a week and has been labeled URGENT. If another rescue can take him I will pull him for you and get him on a transport. Please, we get a lot of really amazing dogs out of this area and feel horrible that we can't help this guy. Please contact me directly if you can help.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16950637

Thanks,
Amy Barnes
Ohio Basset Rescue