[Dailydrool] Robbers

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:51:34 PDT 2010

When Jersey was a lonely only, a couple of young men came to the door. I
opened the inner door to find out what they wanted, listened to what they
had to say and then told them I wasn't interested. At that point, one of
them reached for the screen door handle to open the door. Jersey had sat
very quietly at the top of the stairs up to that point but came CHARGING
down the stairs at full bark and growl! Needless to say, the man backed up
and she gave me time to quickly shut the door. I'll never know what that
fellow was thinking or why he was reaching for the door handle but I don't
open my door to people I don't know any more. Now, with the four Houndettes,
it generally sounds like a kennel here if someone is in the yard or comes to
the front door. I think most people with ill intent would at least think
twice before they would try to break in....well, at least until they saw
what was barking! What people don't know until they see them is the
Houndettes are yelling for them to come on in and give them belly rubs!
Although, Jersey certainly has shown me that she can do a good impersonation
of a guard dog if she wants to!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger