[Dailydrool] Homer and Bob

debbie jenkins homerandbob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:44:02 PDT 2010

Since we adopted Homer and Bob I feel totally safe at home. Nobody would
ever be able to break in or even try it without both of them sounding the
alarm. Homer is not friendly to strangers at all so I know he would chomp
somebody to pieces if he thought they were trying to get in his house! One
time our neighbor's landscaper kept blowing their yard debris over into our
yard. Finally one day I was able to catch him at it and I asked him nicely
not to do that anymore. I really don't know what he thought he was going to
do but he started to come towards me. I was in our front yard with Homer on
a leash. I held up my hand twice and told him to stop as Homer is not
friendly to people he doesn't know, especially men. This guy just kept
coming until he was about 5 feet from me. I had Homer's leash wrapped around
my hand as much as I could. Homer, you have to understand, is one huge
basset. He's not fat at all, he is just big and I do mean big! Well Homer
had enough of this b.s. and lunged at the guy and chomped him on the arm. I
don't think he even broke the skin as I was pulling him back as much as I
could. then the guy starts screaming at me to keep my dog on a leash. Well!!
I yelled back at him that he was on a leash you idiot!! Get off my
property!! So I have no doubt in my mind that Homer would protect me and our
house with no problem. And when you hear him and Bob bark, it sounds like
they are both 200 lb dogs that are 6 ft tall!!

And speaking of belly button lint - yes Synthia - my Bob always has fuzz
balls in his belly button!!

Momperson to Homer ob da West (just try to touch my Mommy!!) and Bob (get
away from us!!)