[Dailydrool] Pacific Basset Feet photo shoot #1

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 19:29:25 PDT 2010

Our Elsinore and young Charlie received their uniforms earlier this
week. Tonight they tried them on for the first time, and we attempted
to get photos of them singing while in their uniforms (they're in the
Army chorus). The uniforms are a bit large on them. Actually, Charlie
is kind of swimming in his. But we've told him that's part of the
military experience. They just give you stuff, and sometimes it fits
and sometimes it doesn't. Having a uniform that's too big isn't a bad
thing for him, though. He immediately discovered the ties are long
enough that he can chew on them. Ken told him big soldiers don't chew
on their uniforms, but Charlie doesn't really care about being a big
soldier.

So I sat down at the piano to play so they'd sing and Ken could get
photos for the web site before his TV show began, and Elsinore didn't
feel like singing and Charlie was too busy chewing on his uniform
with a rather vacant expression on his face. Then I got to the bit
where there are a lot of high notes. Our Elsinore is queen of the
high notes, so she started singing. Charlie, who does everything
Elsinore does, started singing, too. Ken was able to get a few good
photos of them with their noses in the air, mouths in little Os, and
uniforms visible. If only I'd moved that big FedEx box first. What a
charming background it makes. We'll try again tomorrow night. Perhaps
by then the novelty of the uniforms will have worn off so Charlie
won't feel compelled to eat his, and both will feel more like singing
for real.

The uniforms are lovely. I'm a sewer and can attest that these aren't
the quick-and-easy version of a kerchief. These took some time to
make. But they really do look sharp. Thank you very much, Uniform
Makers!

Elizabeth