[Dailydrool] Shelby

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:40:34 PDT 2010

Shelby is not feeling well.  Her other eye has given out.  It has glaucoma and her optic nerve is shot.  She is blind, poor baby.  Tomorrow she goes in for the shot to kill the eye.  I really hate the thought of them putting her under but they can't do the shot otherwise and she is in a lot of pain.  Right now she feels pretty good with Rimadyl in her.  I wonder how much is too much for her to handle.  She has been very droopy all weekend but right now has perked up.  She also has a wart(vet's word) that burst open while we were at the vet so they will take that off tomorrow too.

She is having trouble navigating where to go and has to be helped to find certain spots.  She did come into the kitchen tonight and announce loudly that it was time for dinner.  That is a good sign.  Ninja is snarking at her every chance she gets.  Especially if she wants to sit at my feet(Shelby).  I hope she will calm down and realize that Shelbs needs her help.

And, if that isn't enough, she has a raging ear infection in both ears.  She hates us messing with her ears.  I put the wash in today and she couldn't shake it out fast enough.  I hope she knows we are only trying to help.  I have to work on the boys not speaking loudly and sharply.  She thinks they are mad when they are just trying to get her attention.

To top it all off, the vet we saw today (0ne of the six) wants her to go on a drastic diet.  She is a well rounded girl.  Very well rounded.  Lots of junk in her trunk.  But, she is over 14 years old and I can't see that starving her at this point will do much good.  Only make her miserable.  I know she needs to lose.  We have cut their food back quite a bit to a little chicken and a little kibble twice a day.  The vet wants us to remove the chicken.  I just can't do it.

Everyone else is doing ok.  Mags is still on her UTI meds.  She will go back for a check when she finishes.  Marley is her itchy, crabby self and Ninja is still my guardian angel.

We could use a little drool for Miss Shelbs.  She has to have anesthesia and I don't like the fact at her age.  She was ok the last time so I hope it will be again.

Julie and the entourage