[Dailydrool] Missing Bess

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jun 7 15:20:06 PDT 2010

The Dashing Bassets and their humans will be missing Queen Bess--no one can
take her place. She ruled the BABES with a rod of iron in one paw and a
margarita in the other.

The BABES Admiral Sir Belvedere will be giving her a twenty-one gun salute,
from the bow(-wow) of the Good Ship Lollipup. Then all the BABES will be
commanded to send drool in the direction of Bess's humans.

An era has ended on the Daily Drool. Without Bess, the BABES would never
have had many of the escapades that got them pushed over to the boards.
Though broccoli bombs, visits to Camp Toast, and trips on the Good Ship
Lollipup are a thing of the past, Bess's memory will remain alive and vital.

God bless you, Bess. We'll miss you deeply. We hope that you'll soon send
your humans another basset to keep their hearts warm.
Pam and all the Dashing Bassets