[Dailydrool] Carmen

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Fri Jun 11 16:14:10 PDT 2010

Carmen-

You don't need to apologize for taking a while to respond to all the kind
messages you received. It took me almost 7 weeks before I could response to
any of the email that were sent to me when Maggie went to the bridge. I
still have the weekly crying spells. When my friend brought me home form the
vet's that afternoon she put everything out of sight. Then in a week or so I
started donating her food and things. She was on a special diet so the food
went back to the vet's to be given to a family that also used. The other
things went to the local shelter and to other dogs. You do what you can do
when you can do.

=Maggie's tail wagged in many different ways from her everyday i am so happy
to be with you wag to the going around in a circle. Her wiper wag would go
so fast that it looked like a solid white fan. She was also quite the
shedder and used to have tufts of hair sticking out form various places and
gave her the name of miss fluffy butt. She also had several pieces of fleece
and sheets placed all over the house. They were her security blankets. My
house is much cleaner and neater now but I would still prefer the mess and
her along with it. She was a rescue that came to me as a companion /therapy
animal so i requested one be good with kids, cats and other dogs. She was
great with them all. Her big problem when she came to me was waking me up
every 2-3 hours to pee thoughout the night and peeing in the house. It was
all due to stress and she stopped after about 3 weeks.

Drool to all who need it - Maggie is keeping an eye out for us from the
Bridge and continues to shed from up there, especially on her favorite spot
on the couch.

Leah mom to Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE ATB and
Rusty ATB