[Dailydrool] Another Sweet Old Boy makes his way to The Bridge

Ellie Foth slave2thepaw at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 18:14:58 PDT 2010

My sister Jackie had sent her heart dog Henry to The Bridge last night.

Henry was Jackie and Jim's first foster failure from TSBHR.  He moved into a house with 2 cats and acted like that was where he belonged all along.  Henry was one of the best, sweetest hounds I have ever known.

Henry was diagnosed with the beginnings of kidney failure few weeks ago.  A week later Henry started to shake.  No matter what pain meds Henry was taking he just could not stop shaking.  The last few days Henry was having trouble walking and would not put any weight on his front leg.  Jackie and Jim took Henry back to the Vet last night to have an xray of his front leg and to have a pain patch applied.  When the Vet read the xray she  pretty certain  that Henry also had bone cancer.  The Vet told Jackie and Jim that she did not think the pain patch would help Henry with the pain and suggested that Henry had had enough.

With a very broken heart Jackie and Jim decided to set Henry free from all his pain and to send Henry off on his final journey to The Rainbow Bridge.

Jackie is a Drooler but she rarely posts.   Please keep Jackie and Jim in your thoughts.

Run free of pain sweet Henry.   I love you.

Ellie