[Dailydrool] L$ewis

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 10:27:58 PDT 2010

Last night out of nowhere, Llewis (who has been very slow and grumpy lately)
Llewis sat down and SCREAMED as if he had been hit by a car. We went dashing
into the room and he was whimpering and crying but sitting down and then
stopped and got up and seemed fine. Nervous as cats, we went about our
business and in about ten minutes he SCREAMED again a couple of times and we
found him sitting again, struggling to stand (he always has trouble-- this
is the dog with the badly malformed rear end: no femur on one side, and a
frozen rear leg, no kneecap on it and so on.) Watching with our hearts in
our throats we saw that when he sat a certain way he screamed in agony.
Thinking it was Saturday (I had had a dog show) I thought Doc was closed. By
the time Llewis had screamed a couple more times I realised it was FRIDAY
and they would have still been open, but by then it was after 8:30 at night
when they close. So I called Doc on his cell and he asked what drugs I had
left and I found some Robaxin and some Deramax from Mitchell so we gave him
that and he was much better, slept well.
This morning I whisked him in altho he was happy as a clam and bouncing all
over the place. We did three rads and saw only that (as it always has been)
his spinal column is a horror show. But there was nothing that looked
horrible. As we were discussing this, Llewis coughed. I mentioned he had
been doing that. Just chuffing now and then, nothing exciting. They all are.
Eating grass and then chuffing...so Doc checked his heart (fine) and looked
down his throat-- giant tonsils.
S**T. Conley has had tonsilitis twice and I swore one more time and out they
come (Mitchell had his out). So we ended up with:
3 back x-rays (and you know it wasn't 3 for one day)
1 bottle of Robaxin (20 -pills)
1 bottle of Deramax (20 pills)
1 bottle of Doxcycline: 1.5 pills 3x a day for 3 dogs for 14 days.....

I didn't even look at the bill. They'll send it at the end of the month. I
can't even think about it without getting nauseous, and this guy is not that
expensive, comparitively speaking.

Hope everyone is having a healthy weekend!!
MomPerson to Nigel (chuffing: yes his tonsils are enlarged) Llewis (we know
about him) Conley (Big tonsils) and Cooper, who is fine.