[Dailydrool] Aggressive eating

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 17:08:26 PDT 2010

Jen,

I would teach her to "sit" and "wait".  The gang's  food bowls go to the counter
while I prepare them.  When I am finished each of the gang go to their eating area.
Before the bowl is placed on the floor they have to "sit", "shake" and then "wait".
If any of the gang breaks the "wait" command their bowl is picked up and they
have to repeat all the commands.  When I have all the bowls in that area placed
then they are giving the "okay" command so they can eat.  I know it might sound
unfair to the other 3 in the room but this is the system that works for me.

Bazzle sometimes will challenge me but he knows that I am not going to back down
and I will take his bowl away.  He is giving the "stop" and/or "No, wait" command.
If he gets really pushy I tell him in the mean Momma voice "I am bigger than you are BOY!"
That will make him back down.

The peanut butter container was a different matter.  Bazzle got really nasty with me.
I didn't get a chance to really correct him because Empress Ruby Doo pounced on him and
pinned him to the floor.  My girl definitely rules with an iron paw!

I think my gang are immune to the "stay" command.  As much as I have tried to teach
them they ignore it.  So "wait" seems to be the best word, especially for my OEBE.  Of
course if you think Basset kidz are strong willed you should see Ruby Doo, the husky,
and I go head to head (literally).  My daughter swears it sounds like we are going to get in a
knock down, drag out.   I am such a mean Momma! Bwahahahahaha Bwahahahahaha!

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Volunteer/Foster for Golden Gate Basset Rescue
http://www.ggbassetrescue.org/